Thought we’d share our winter project now that it is done. We’ve been spending our time off updating the Floral Bouquet’s bathroom. This large suite is located on the main floor of the inn very near the breakfast room. The door opens onto the back deck area. We started with the jetted tub, but that was all! New tin ceiling, new vanity with marble top, and all marble tile in the shower and on the floor. There’s a heated towel bar too.
The annual Sweet Treats Cookie and Candy Tour is December 10 from 1pm – 6 pm. We’ve still got rooms left; and plenty of tickets if you just want to come over for the day. You’ll visit 9 Bed & Breakfasts all decorated for Christmas to reveal unique ideas for holiday decorating; sample sweet treats at each inn and receive 2 variteies of cookies with the recipes to add to your collection. The treats come pre-bagged so you don’t have to indulge all at once. It’s a great way to kick off the holiday season and do a little Christmas shopping in our unique shops downtown. Visit our website to see the packages available or give us a call.
Distinctly Oklahoma magazine features Heartstone Inn
The September issue of Distinctly Oklahoma Magazine which includes the Oklahoma City metro area features us this month. They included our Baked Eggs Benedict and Chocolate Zucchini Bread recipes on page 35 and then included us in their article on Eureka Springs. The owners of the magazine stayed with us in July and toured the city. If you get a chance; pick up a copy.
1. Very near us is an amazing 2200 acre slice of unspoiled Ozark paradise. http://www.dogwoodcanyon.org/ is great for walking trails, renting a bike, trout fishing, fly fishing clinics, horseback riding, segway tours and atv tours.
2. Limited engagment performance of Illusion and Mentalism starring Sean-Paul and Juliane with special guests from the other side at the Queen Anne Mansion now thru July 19th. http://www.intriguetheater.com/
3. Visit our 3 caves only short drives away for a ‘cool’ excursion; always 56 degrees. Onyx Cave, Cosmic Cavern and War Eagle Cavern
4. Downtown-n-Underground Tour: Behind the scenes walking adventure offering a 75 minute opportunity to enjoy stories and explore the mysteries of an underground city.
5. Belle of the Ozarks: Relax on a 1 hour & 15 minute cruise around Beaver Lake. See the spectacular panorama of shoreline, a pristine island wildlife sanctuary, and learn about numerous historical and natural points of interest.
As always, we have music in Basin Spring Park every day, two super Music Shows, the Great Passion Play, The Opera (see previous post), wonderful restaurants and shopping.
Plus, great breakfasts and treats at the HEARTSTONE INN! Come see us.