There are so many activities to partake this time of year in our beautiful Ozark Mountains. We want you to experience it for yourself!
- Float our two nearby rivers. The Kings River depends on the amount of rainfall we’ve had, but plenty of sand bars to pull up on and swim in the warm water. The White River always has plenty of water, it’s a bit cold, but a very scenic 4 mile float. There are outfitters that rent you a canoe.
- Hike or mountain bike our city park, Lake Leatherwood. You can also swim or rent paddle boats here. Just 4 miles from the Heartstone Inn. There is the man-made dam that you walk over. Spectacular views.
- Beaver Lake is a short drive from the Inn with warm, clear water. It offers swimming beaches, pontoon or Tarzan boat rentals at Starkey Marina, stand up paddle boarding (SUP) instruction and rental, or even scuba diving! There are several great guides if you’d like to fish the lake or nearby White River too.
- There are two state parks within 20-25 minutes of the Inn. We’ve hiked in both parks and have thoroughly enjoyed them. Withrow Springs has a swimming pool, hiking and fishing on the War Eagle Creek. Hobbs State Park is near War Eagle Mill. It has a new visitors center with many trails to hike, bike or even horseback ride, and a shooting range.
- Dogwood Canyon Nature Park is located 25 minutes north of us on the way to Branson. They have many choices of activities and a new grist mill. You may remember that Rick and I took a segway tour here. Loads of fun.