Rick and I recently took some time to enjoy this beautiful area that we live in. One area quite close to Eureka Springs is Dogwood Canyon Nature Park. It is about 30 minutes north of town, on the way to Branson, MO. 10,000 acres of nature preserve owned by the Bass Pro folks. There are many, many things to do here. We had fun on the Segway Tour. You arrive at the park, there is a café to get a quick lunch if you like. We had a short course on how to ride a Segway, (it is really easy), and off on our guided tour of the park. We drove past waterfalls, wedding chapel, trout fishing streams, more waterfalls, through covered bridges, over stone bridges, past caves, and ended up at the Glory Hole. This is a beautiful pool with waterfall and huge trout. It was very fun and we plan on doing it again on an even longer trail!
Looking through the waterfall
Besides the Segway Tour, you can walk or rent a bicycle to travel the paved trails. There is horseback riding at their stables, a tram or jeep tour of more of the acreage. You can fish from the banks of the river, or go deeper into the park with a guide. This area will be absolutely beautiful this fall! Ask us and we can help you make your plans.
Top Ten Labor Day Activities
Wondering how to occupy your Labor Day holiday?
Heartstone Inn and Eureka Springs offer many possibilities for your enjoyment.
10- We’ve recently had many guests canoe the White River, enjoying a few hours on the river for a relaxing float. You’ll see the trout swimming alongside you.
9-There are 3 caves in close proximity where the temperature is always a cool 56 degrees. Onyx Cave, Cosmic Cavern and War Eagle Cavern. One has bats, one has lakes, all are cool.
8-Always wanted to try Stand Up Paddle boarding? Rick and I recently learned how on Beaver Lake. Easier than you might imagine with an instructor!
7-Take all the work out of enjoying Beaver lake, take a one hour tour on Belle of the Ozarks. This pristine body of water is crystal clear with views of bluffs and the history of the area. You’ll view over 60 miles of the 487 miles of shoreline on your trip.
6- Horseback riding gets you in the fresh air enjoying the scenery of the Ozark Mountains and the quiet of the countryside. One company even will provide lunch or dinner.
5-Wine or beer aficionado? Enjoy wine tasting @ Keels Creek winery or the Stone House wine bar. Prefer beer? The Ozark Mountain TapRoom specializes in craft beers on tap from Arkansas.
4-Zipline anyone? Enjoy 10 zip lines, swinging bridge and suspended platforms on Eureka’s newest attraction, Ozark Mountain Ziplines. It’s just around the corner from us.
3-Spa away the day. Want to relax, work out the kinks of your everyday life? Healing Benefits specializes in nurturing you. Facials, foot massages, hot stone treatments, along with traditional head to toe therapeutic massage. And you never have to leave our property!
2-Bring your bird book (or any book) and enjoy birds & squirrels on our deck. We hear everyday that our guests have never seen so many hummingbirds in one spot. We’ve counted 30 varieties of birds. How many will you find?
1-Shop ’til you drop. If you enjoy antiques, art, clothing boutiques, or t-shirts, we’ve got anything you may enjoy that you won’t find in your local mall.
1. Very near us is an amazing 2200 acre slice of unspoiled Ozark paradise. http://www.dogwoodcanyon.org/ is great for walking trails, renting a bike, trout fishing, fly fishing clinics, horseback riding, segway tours and atv tours.
2. Limited engagment performance of Illusion and Mentalism starring Sean-Paul and Juliane with special guests from the other side at the Queen Anne Mansion now thru July 19th. http://www.intriguetheater.com/
3. Visit our 3 caves only short drives away for a ‘cool’ excursion; always 56 degrees. Onyx Cave, Cosmic Cavern and War Eagle Cavern
4. Downtown-n-Underground Tour: Behind the scenes walking adventure offering a 75 minute opportunity to enjoy stories and explore the mysteries of an underground city.
5. Belle of the Ozarks: Relax on a 1 hour & 15 minute cruise around Beaver Lake. See the spectacular panorama of shoreline, a pristine island wildlife sanctuary, and learn about numerous historical and natural points of interest.
As always, we have music in Basin Spring Park every day, two super Music Shows, the Great Passion Play, The Opera (see previous post), wonderful restaurants and shopping.
Plus, great breakfasts and treats at the HEARTSTONE INN! Come see us.