Eureka Springs School of Art Show
Thanksgiving weekend forget Black Friday, scratch Cyber Monday. Explore instead a fantastic alternative to those stressful holiday shopping methods at Eureka Springs School of the Art’s Fall Art Show.
Hundreds of artists take over the Inn of the Ozarks Convention Center (Just across the street from our Inn) to present and sell their artwork—offering great holiday gifts for all.
Enjoy this unique opportunity to converse with these local artists regarding their art and their process. Featured at the show will be ESSA founders Eleanor Lux, Mary Springer, and Doug Stowe, in addition to perennial favorites Valerie Damon, Zeek Taylor, Terry Russell, Les Brandt, and Chon Stanley. Two-dimensional, three-dimensional, fiber, wood, clay, glass, and metal art will all be on display for you to purchase.
The event opens on Saturday, November 30th and runs from 10am – 7pm and continues on Sunday, December 1st from 10am – 2pm. This event is open to the public. Admission is $5.
This weekend comemorates the 150th Civil War Anniversary of the Battle of Pea Ridge. This historic site is just 30 minutes from Eureka Springs and even if you can’t come this weekend is a great day trip when you are here. On March 7 and 8, 1862, 26,000 soldiers fought here to decide the fate of Missouri and the West. The 4,300-acre park honors those who fought for their beliefs. Pea Ridge was one of the most pivotal Civil War battles and is the most intact Civil War battlefield in the United States.
We even have the driving tape tour on CD that you can borrow when you make the trip over.
1. Very near us is an amazing 2200 acre slice of unspoiled Ozark paradise. http://www.dogwoodcanyon.org/ is great for walking trails, renting a bike, trout fishing, fly fishing clinics, horseback riding, segway tours and atv tours.
2. Limited engagment performance of Illusion and Mentalism starring Sean-Paul and Juliane with special guests from the other side at the Queen Anne Mansion now thru July 19th. http://www.intriguetheater.com/
3. Visit our 3 caves only short drives away for a ‘cool’ excursion; always 56 degrees. Onyx Cave, Cosmic Cavern and War Eagle Cavern
4. Downtown-n-Underground Tour: Behind the scenes walking adventure offering a 75 minute opportunity to enjoy stories and explore the mysteries of an underground city.
5. Belle of the Ozarks: Relax on a 1 hour & 15 minute cruise around Beaver Lake. See the spectacular panorama of shoreline, a pristine island wildlife sanctuary, and learn about numerous historical and natural points of interest.
As always, we have music in Basin Spring Park every day, two super Music Shows, the Great Passion Play, The Opera (see previous post), wonderful restaurants and shopping.
Plus, great breakfasts and treats at the HEARTSTONE INN! Come see us.